Process Of Immigration Or Green Card After Completing Degree In New Zealand
In New Zealand, the Permanent Residency (PR) system helps the immigrants to stay
there permanently. The students who are living in the New Zealand on the student
visa, and, want to settle there for a permanent period of time should apply for
the Resident Class Visa in New Zealand.
There are different categories under which you can apply for residence in New Zealand:
- Skilled Migrant: Those who are planning to begin skilled occupation
in New Zealand come under this category. The student will get points for the study
he/she has done which is an added advantage of Skilled Migrant category.
- Work To Residence: Work to residence category concentrates on the
students who have incomparable talent in the fields of Art, Sports, or Culture.
The employers in New Zealand recruit the students who possess these types of talents.
Therefore, if you have talent, you should apply for the jobs in New Zealand. After
you get selected and move to New Zealand, you can apply for residence after two
- Family: In this category, you can apply for the Residence in New
Zealand if your family is already residing there. This is also a great option with
which you can settle there.
- Investor: If you are businessmen, have enough capital, and want
to live or work in New Zealand, then, it can be simply achieved by investing in
the New Zealand. This category is specially made to attract skillful businesspersons
or investors to New Zealand.
- Entrepreneur: In this category, you can start your own business
as an Entrepreneur in New Zealand. If your business generates revenue for the government
and provides great benefits to the New Zealand, then, the government permits you
to settle there permanently.
From all of the above categories, Skilled Migrant category is the most popular option
for immigration to New Zealand.
Eligibility Criteria for PR in New Zealand
The principal applicant eligible for the Permanent Resident Visa must fulfill the
- Have the Resident Visa for a continuous period of 2 years.
- Possess the Resident Visa or held it in the last three months from the date of application.
- Have fulfilled all the conditions of Resident Visa under Section 49 (1) of the Immigration
- Have followed the 5 commitment to New Zealand that include:
- You have spent adequate time in New Zealand.
- You must maintain the specific investment amount.
- You must have an established business.
- You must have the renowned base in New Zealand.
Fee Structure For PR in New Zealand
The fees for the residence application is different for different categories. Also, the fees vary from one country to another country. Below is the fee structure for India:
|Skilled Migrant Category
|Work To Residence
||Please contact the branch below for current fees.http://www.immigration.govt.nz/newdelhi
The immigration authority does not accept cash and credit cards, therefore, you must make payment via Demand Draft only.
Benefits You Avail With Permanent Residency in New Zealand
You will get various advantages once you own the Permanent Resident Status. These advantages include:
- You can permanently live, study or work in New Zealand.
- You can apply for citizenship in New Zealand.
- You can provide PR sponsorship to your relatives.
- If you possess the PR, your children born in New Zealand will automatically become the citizens of New Zealand.
- You will get Social Security, Education, and Medical Benefits.
Comments - You can use your Facebook, Yahoo, AOL or Hotmail account